Our online college courses offer you the flexibility to reach your educational goals without giving up your life. College course enrollment form and instructions.
OU faculty members develop the study materials you use in your course. This means that the content is identical to courses offered on campus. The only differenceyoull be studying and taking tests when its convenient for you! With our Independent & Distance college courses, all students pay the same rate comparable to OU in-state tuition regardless of your residency status.
Are self-paced courses right for you?
The University of Oklahoma Center for Independent and Distance Learning is an approved participant in the Southern Regional Education Board's Electronic Campus.
PHYS 2514-400 General Physics for Engineering and Science Majors
The study of kinematics and dynamics of particles and rigid bodies, gravitation, equilibrium, momentum, energy, static and flowing fluids, kinetic theory, heat and thermodynamics, vibrations, waves and sound. The course includes study assignments, which are not submitted, and 5 proctored ex (4 Credit Hours; Online course) [0000; 0]
Mathematics 1823 or Mathematics 1914 with grade of C or better
General Education Code: II-NL
Indep and Distance 2013-2014 Term (201350); CRN 13021
Required Course Charges
||Regents Mandatory Fees
||International Programs Fee
||Academic Records Fee2
||OU Mandatory Fees3
||Total (Not including required textbooks/workbooks)
1Tuition and fees for out-of-state students are the same as those of Oklahoma residents.
2Academic Records Fee is charged once each term, regardless of the number of courses taken. This fee entitles a student to free transcripts for life.
3Based on the most recent date a student was admitted to OU, re-admitted, or incurred a change of status.
- Effective as of August 1, 2013, $157.50 for this course.
- Effective as of August 1, 2012, $136.80 for this course.
- Effective as of August 1, 2011, $120.00 for this course.
- Effective prior to August 1, 2011, $0.00 for this course.
Tuition and fees will be charged to your Bursar account. Access your account and make payments using OU's Electronic Statement system.
Purchase required course textbooks and/or workbooks for this course from the CIDL Online Bookstore. Additional charges WILL apply.
- Core Concepts in College Physics Workbook / With 3 2.0 CD's. (2002). 2nd edition. ISBN(10) 0-03-033701-1 /ISBN(13) 978-0-03-033701-7.
- Douglas C. Giancoli, Physics for Science and Engineering With Modern Physics, Volume I - Text Only (Ch 1-20) (2008). 4th edition. ISBN(10) 0-13-227358-6 / ISBN(13)978-0-13-227358-9.
- Douglas C. Giancoli, Physics for Science and Engineering With Modern Physics, VI - Student Study Guide (2008). 4th edition. ISBN(10) 0-13-227324-1 / ISBN(13) 978-0-13-227324-4.